Tuesday, April 10, 2012

At the Cross

When my tears number more than the hairs on my head
And my guilt leads me to a train of dread
I lift up my head and I see
The power of the cross standing before me

When I do not feel like going on
And the hope I once had is suddenly gone
My eyes rest upon a solid figure
That restores my peace and my strength forever

When lies pile up like echoes inside
And I can't find anywhere to hide
I find my strength and solid shield
He's called my name and I will yield

When sin is pounding on my door
And my faith is lying on the floor
I remember the truth that sets me free
The man who gave His life for me

Now I bend a knee to you, my King
And in humility open my hands
They're open and ready for everything
And my feet to walk in different lands

So at the cross I am humbled
At the cross I am renewed
At the cross I 'm befuddled
And so in awe of You

Thanks for the love You've given me
And everything else I see
But the greatest gift you gave to me
When when you set me free

2 comments:

  1. Wow.
    That is AmAzInG!!!!!!

    Thank you so much, Paige, for having a blog to share the gift that He obviously gave to you!

    Love you,
    Jeane`

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome...great words from a young soul!

    ReplyDelete